Continuing Art and Graphic Design Exploration 2015-2016 school year Fridays, 12:30pm to 1:45pm
This class is for high school art credit and is open to any student who has previously taken an art or graphic design class with me. ~ $60 per month maximum (Sometimes less depending on the number of Fridays in the month)
It is a way for students to continue challenging themselves and moving forward with their art and design exploration. They will be applying their skills in new and challenging ways. The students will gain the ability to understand a project by reviewing and analyzing, performing research and utilizing various mediums to create a visually communicating piece. It will be an exciting way for your child to gain additional artistic experiences with the potential to create some amazing portfolio pieces!
The Course will also include:
· Guest speakers who are experts in their respective visual fields (photographers, engineers, artists, video producers …)
· Continued training in composition, concept development, idea generation and sketching.
· Presentation skills and non-verbal communication training in order to present your work articulately and persuasively in front of a group.
· utilization of Adobe Illustrator
· utilization of Adobe Photoshop
· Shooting and editing your own Photographs to be used in art or design pieces
· Discussion of challenging Christian ethics scenarios in business
· Students will critically analyze the results of their own solutions and those of their peers, and make modifications to their solutions based on the critique.
· Learning is evaluated through formal presentation of the work in class and submission of projects for evaluation.
· Access to a PC or Mac from home
· Access to a color printer (even if it is making runs to Staples or Officemax)
· Access to a digital camera
· Access to basic art supplies including watercolor paints and watercolor paper (supply list will be provided)
· Access to Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop – can be trial downloads, owning the student version or even licensing the software monthly by use of the Adobe Cloud... just $20 a month and very worth it!
Expectations of Students
· Students are responsible for all class meetings, including any information in the syllabus.
· Students are responsible for being on time and prepared for all class sessions and requirements.