So after years of being asked by friends to host a Summer art camp I finally feel like my youngest is old enough for this to become a reality. I'm excited to offer an elementary age art camp. I'm still working on finalizing the details, so I'm open to hear suggestions about what your creative child likes to do and what has been your favorite things about Summer art camps!
I was sure to pick a week that my daughter Mia will be around to help. She's a genius planner and organizer and I love to have help in those areas. Thanks Okely Cruz for nudging me to put this together!
Here is what I have planned so far:
Elementary Summer Art Camp
June 30th through July 3rd (Monday through Thursday)
9:00am through 12:00pm
- Materials and supplies provided
- Cost will be $90 per child
- We'll be doing collage, painting, drawing, edible art, sculpting and more ...
- Bring a snack as we'll have a snack break and outside play time
- Ages 6 through 10
- Will have middle school girl assistants to help me give individual attention to each camper.
- Wear an old t-shirt or smock because I promise you we will get messy.
- Bring comfy shoes, snack, pencils and your child's favorite paint brush.
* Reserve your spot now because my space is limited.
To finish up our three part object series, I thought it would be fun if we painted an edible object. Of course you know I love to paint anything food related so we jumped into the Spring season with Easter candy this past week. I think some of the students ate more than they painted (you know who you are : ) but we sure had fun learning about painting things in transparent containers like a jar. We decided to do more practice painting glass this week. Can't believe how much I learn by teaching!
Have a wonderful and blessed Easter weekend everyone. I'm excited to have family in town and to be able to celebrate the risen Savior with loved ones!
If you'd like an Easter print to put out with your Spring decor, I did make them available in my Etsy shop.
Whether I am painting custom artwork, creating a water colored logo for a client, or teaching art students, I hope to refresh and inspire others with my work. Read more ...