If you are considering taking an art class but are worried about making the time or taking on the extra expense, here are 10 fresh things to consider ...
1. It's a myth that to make art you need talent. It's REALLY about making the time to practice and learn the skills.
2. As we get older, we should have a hobby that we enjoy (besides eating and napping).
3. The best way to make lasting, sustainable progress in anything is by taking baby steps.
4. A structured, set-aside time to paint helps you ... actually paint.
5. Art class serves as a great way to feel less stress. Taking a deep breath and slowing everything down to only focus on one task is refreshing!
6. Teacher and peer feedback. Being able to have others give you real feedback on how to improve your work is truly invaluable.
7. Learn about the creative process. If you aren't an artist yourself but love art, taking a class like this can help you learn more about what goes into a piece.
8. You'll stretch yourself. Say no more!
9. You'll have something in your week to truly look forward to. It's relaxing and enjoyable!
10. You will rekindle a long-lost passion. Most of my adult students enjoyed making art as a kid but set it aside because of life's demands. Now is the time to pick your love back up. As Pablo Picasso once said, “All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once one grows up.”
If I've peaked your interest, then here is the link for class details.
A newly finished watercolor of a bundle of grapes to inspire you. I am planning a trip to Italy this year and I have vineyards on my brain!
Whether I am painting custom artwork, creating a water colored logo for a client, or teaching art students, I hope to refresh and inspire others with my work. Read more ...